Has OBDlink MX+ caught your attention?
Have you found a wireless OBD2 scanner, only to find out after purchase that it doesn’t meet all your needs?
Finally, you don’t have to settle for less.
Before, most Bluetooth OBD2 scanners were unable to complete all necessary scan functions, but this OBDLink MX+ scan tool goes above and beyond.
OBDLink MX+ Professional OBD2 Scanner for iPhone, iPad, Android & Windows
Not only is it fast and reliable with live data performance, but it also can access manufacture-specific data about your vehicle.
Maybe this holiday season, you need to untangle the wires from your old autoscanners, and unlock the surprising features of a new handsfree OBD2 adapter.
To quickly uncover what makes this autoscanner different from the others, look over this comparison chart:
Bluetooth OBD2 Scanners Comparison: OBDLink MX+, OBDLink LX vs BlueDriver
Here’s a comparison chart among OBDlink MX+ vs BlueDriver and OBDlink LX:
4.5 / 5
4.3 / 5
4.6 / 5
|Product Dimensions||2" x 0.9" x 1.8"||1.8" x 0.9" x 2"||2.2" x 1.9" x 1"|
|Work with Android devices||✔||✔||✔|
|Work with iOS devices||✔||--||✔|
Features and Functions of the OBDLink MX+
It goes without saying that there are plenty of wireless scan tools on the market today.
Finally, the OBDlink technology team has created a tool that is more feature-loaded than previous devices.
The convenience of this device reaches beyond just a Bluetooth, hands-free device.
To sum it up, here is a list of some of the functions of this advanced autoscanner:
IOS, Android, Windows compatibility in OBDlink MX+
- Turn your iPhone, iPad, Android or even your Kindle into an OBDII scanner.
- When you use the free OBDlink application, you gain access to a multitude of features in order to easily read, graph, or export real-time engine data.
- This information can be easily shared and distributed via Dropbox technology.
- Works with dozens of apps included Torque, Dash, FORscan and others that have the ability to adjust features and settings on your vehicle in order to make it your own.
- Older versions of OBD2 scanners can be a pain and a backache when you have to connect with a short cable.
- Now with Bluetooth v3.0 technology, the OBDLink MX+ lets you go hands-free while you perform all OBD2 protocols.
- Say goodbye to the days of cross-referencing error-codes, with this device you have access to dozens more ECUs and trouble codes.
- Additionally, the trouble codes are manufacturer specific and can help adjust specific vehicle technologies.
MX+ OBD2 features
- Loaded with all the OBD2 protocol features that you need to help reset and troubleshoot your vehicles error-codes. Such codes include but not limited to ABS, SRS, TPMS, A/C, transmission temperatures, wheel speed.
- Additional features include: monitoring vehicles fuel economy, remote start-up for your vehicle, clear the check engine light, and check emission readiness.
- While other devices are also loaded with live-data, the OBDlink MX+ goes one step further than its competitors.
- This scanner is optimized to deliver up to four times more data per second than other scanners.
- That means clearer more accurate graphs with real-time data. The real-time can simultaneously deliver various graphs of data regarding your vehicle’s engine.
- In order to prevent unauthorized access to your vehicle’s data, this device includes a security system. A system will block users in the event that the device is compromised.
- You don’t have to worry about hackers gaining access to your vehicle.
- In addition to a security system, you will also have a PIN to access the device. Moreover, a system with secure encryption and precautionary service.
- You are not limited to just basic OBD2 function. You can also read and clear manufacturer specific trouble codes and access live data parameters on a wide range of vehicles
- In the event you forget the device in your OBD port, you don’t have to lose sleep. This device is programmed with an ultra-low current sleep mode that won’t drain your car’s battery.
Intelligent performance and connection
- As promised by the OBDlink technology team, the OBDlink MX+ is 300% faster and more reliable than other devices that came before it.
- This device includes high-speed data and a rock solid connection. Now you can feel content knowing you will receive accurate vehicle data.
- Don’t outgrow your OBD2 scanner due to un-updateable software. With the OBDlink MX+, you will receive free technical support from the OBDlink team. As well as free firmware upgrades to keep your device working for all future vehicles.
Pros and Cons of OBDLink MX+ Wireless OBD2
- Defined Error Codes– You won’t have to cross reference what an error code means, this device gives you a clear definition.
- Intuitive software– Connects to your specific vehicle and can give you insight on your own driving habits with fuel time gauge
- More Data- This device includes advanced functions, multiple-graph live-data, and customizable software.
- More Vehicles- Compliant with all 1996 and newer OBD2 compliant vehicles.
- More Access- Works with Android, IOS, Windows softwares on a wide range of devices. It is also compliant with 3rd party applications.
- Not always fast- The loading time can differ depending on the product you receive and the functions you are using.
Is this tool compatible with your vehicle?
Currently, the OBDlink MX+ is an enhanced autoscanner that is compliant with all OBD2 devices.
Moreover, OBDlink MX+ works with Android, Windows and IOS devices. This device includes rapid-fast power and live data readings.
Unlike other scanners, this auto scanner is supported with GM-LAN and Ford-MS-CAN which makes it unique.
The core features and functions, such as ABS and SRS are readily available for Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda, Toyota, Lexus, Scion, Nissan, Infiniti, GMC, Buick, Cadillac and Chevrolet.
Unlike other devices, which lack certain compatibilities, this tool works for all 1996 and newer OBD2 compliant devices- no exceptions.
Additionally, the OBDlink MX+ works with GM-LAN and Ford-MSC vehicle networks. This special access can provide users with additional parameters and features that other OBD scanners can not offer.
On select models of vehicles, you can also use third-party applications. The apps are able to configure and customize your vehicle settings such as door and window locks.
Is OBDLink MX+ scan tool made for you?
This is a professional grade diagnostic scan tool, but you don’t have to be a professional to use it.
All car geeks alike will understand why this diagnostic tool makes previous versions seem prehistoric.
If you enjoy hands-free, Bluetooth technology that is simple and easy to use, this tool will exceed your previous expectations.
A brief on OBDLink MX+ video:
The Bottom Line
The OBDlink MX+ is the first Bluetooth tool of its kind to be compatible with a large variety of vehicles and a large variety of devices. Namely, it is compatible with all IOS, Android and Windows devices. No exceptions of vehicle coverage! This device works for all vehicles 1996 and newer.
The OBDlink team promises extraordinary response time and manufacturer specific codes. Moreover, they commit powerful engine reads 4 times faster than previous devices.
Number one in its class, this intuitive, innovative technology will impress in comparison to other diagnostic hands-free devices.
Now, when you read OBDlink MX+, you should hear “More Features, More Functions, and More Compatibility”.Learn More
BONUS: OBDLink Scan Tool: Full Comparison of Different Models for Your Needs