If you own a car then you must be aware of how difficult repairing these machinery can be. But if you invest in a Live Data Scan Tool then your repair work might not be too difficult and time consuming for you.
Don’t have time to read the whole review?
Find your companion in the comparison chart below.
- 1 Live Data Scan Tool: Top 3 Comparison Chart
- 2 Live Data Scan Tool
- 2.1 #1. BlueDriver OBD2 Live Data Scan Tool
- 2.2 #2. Autel AL319 OBD2 Scanner with Live Data
- 2.3 #3. BAFX Live Data OBDII Code Reader
- 2.4 #4. ANCEL AD410 OBD2 Live Data Code Reader
- 2.5 #5. FOXWELL NT201 OBD2 Live Data Car Code Reader
- 2.6 #6. ANCEL AD310 OBDII Code Reader with Live Data
- 2.7 #7. Veepeak OBDCheck BLE OBD2 Scanner with Live Data
- 3 The Bottom Line
Live Data Scan Tool: Top 3 Comparison Chart
|Best of the Best||Best Value||Also Great|
3.9 / 5
4.4 / 5
4.4 / 5
|Item Weight||4 ounces||1 pounds||3.04 ounces|
|1.6 x 2 x 0.9 inches||63 x 17.7 x 92.5 inches||2.8 x 1.5 x 1 inches|
|O2 SENSOR TEST||N/A||N/A||Yes|
|FREEZE FRAME DATA||Yes||Yes||N/A|
Below are the 7 best choices that I’ve picked out for you:
Live Data Scan Tool
#1. BlueDriver OBD2 Live Data Scan Tool
BlueDriver is an expert problem-solving Scanner, authorized for Apple and Android devices. In this device features of a sophisticated scanner are coupled with the marvelous technology in your smartphone, giving you a unique tool to count on.
BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional due to great connectivity and a host of features including advanced features such as speed, ABS, and live results. Also, it’s quite affordable and comes with millions of fixes.
You can download the Bluedriver app for iOS and open it to connect your iPhone to the Bluedriver. It may be a bit slow for the first time but works well.
- Advanced: Fuel System Test, Comprehensive Components Test, Airbag, ABS, Misfire Counts, etc.
- Basic: Read CEL Codes, Freeze Frame, Smog Check, Display Multiple PIDs, Show Graphs, etc.
Bluedriver scanner offers 30 million fixes in the database.
The idea is to put the most used functions on display first.
Live Accurate Data:
Maintenance schedules, TSBs (technical service bulletins) and specifications are shown right there and then on the iPhone.
Smog test lets you know if your car is producing excessive emissions.
You can make a log file and export it to a computer.
The downside of Bluedriver is that the dongle doesn’t connect with iPad iOS 11x. Moreover, the device doesn’t let you reprogram a FOB and read transmission temperature.
Bluedriver scanner supports all 1996 and plus OBD2 compliant models.
Volkswagen, Chrysler, GM, BMW, Honda, Ford, and Nissan models sold in North America are also supported. The software supports both iOS and Android devices. Also, Bluedriver offers the app absolutely free.
Bluedriver also supports major OBD2 protocols.
- Enter VIN by scanning from an iPhone.
- iPhone automatically opens the BlueDriver app on display when connected via Bluetooth.
- 6 million verified fixes from the scanner.
- Shows you active codes and sends alerts.
- Easy to use with live data
- The app connects to all iPhones but not to the iPad having iOS 11x.
- May not work well until updated.
- It cannot activate relays and switches.
- Not suitable for diesel engines.
iPhone and Android users who wish to sort basic and advanced issues on their own. This Obd2 scanner with live data is perfect for car enthusiasts.Check Price at Amazon
#2. Autel AL319 OBD2 Scanner with Live Data
Autel al319 OBD2 code scanner is ‘Plug and play’ and very easy to use even for beginners, works on all 1996 and newer vehicles (OBD II & CAN)-domestic and import, Supports English, French, German, Spanish, etc
Autel AL319 OBD2 code scanner is compatible with vehicles from 1996 onwards (OBD II & CAN).
- Has a unique I/M Readiness Key requiring one click only
- Doesn’t need any batteries or charger
- OBDII Data Link Connector supplies power to this tool.
- There is a speaker built within and brightly colored LEDs.
- There is a one year warranty on this device.
- Doesn’t explain what the error codes mean
- Cannot display live operating data
- The 2-foot cord is too short to reach the engine compartment
- Reset functions like airbag reset and SRS are not available
If you want to save money while diagnosing problems with your car, then this Autel code reader is a perfect tool.Check Price at Amazon
#3. BAFX Live Data OBDII Code Reader
It will work on vehicles using J1850 or CAN protocols. The application is only for Windows OS and Android.
Many similar OBD2 Bluetooth tools CLAIM to work on all vehicles but have problems with the J1850 & CAN protocols, however… the BAFX Products OBD reader actually DOES work on all vehicles & ALL OBD2 protocols!
Using BAFX Products Bluetooth Diagnostic OBDII Reader you can read the codes causing the light to come. This helps you find out what the possible causes are for those codes. You can get the fix made before any more damage is done.
- Read the OBD2 check engine light codes
- Reset or clear your automobile’s Check Engine Light
- Graph sensor readings for O2, AF, Throttle etc.
- Data logging of sensor readings
- Makes sure that your automobile is ready for smog testing
- Doesn’t support MacOS
- Doesn’t work for semi-trucks, dump trucks, tractors, and other commercial vehicles
It is pretty easy to operate. If you need a budget-friendly wireless live data scanner that connects to your smartphone, take this adapter.Check Price at Amazon
#4. ANCEL AD410 OBD2 Live Data Code Reader
ANCEL AD410 is a great upgrade from the more basic car code reader, read and erase codes when the check engine light comes on. It shows real-time live data reported by the ECU, engine temperature, O2 sensor readings etc.
ANCEL AD410 Enhanced OBD II Vehicle Code Reader is compatible with automobiles sold in the United States with the model year 1996. It supports all of the OBDII protocols.
- Read and Erase codes related to emission
- Switches off the MIL
- Resets the monitor
- Supports the O2 Sensor test
- Cannot read ABS/SRS
- Doesn’t explain the codes
If you have a vehicle model compatible with this tool and you don’t want to spend too much, then the ANCEL AD 410 is a good choice.Check Price at Amazon
#5. FOXWELL NT201 OBD2 Live Data Car Code Reader
Foxwell’s NT201 is small, light and has a 2.4-inch colour screen. It has the ability to export data and can update its software. The scanner retrieves the car’s VIN code and the parameters of the car very quickly.
FOXWELL NT201 OBDII EOBD code reader is an essential scan tool which allows DIY mechanics or car owners to verify repairs, checks State Emission Monitor Status and solves basic engine problems quickly and efficiently. Its 2.4” TFT color screen, the hotkey for I/M readiness test and read/clear DTCs make it deserve the money.
- This scanner has an O2 sensor
- It can turn off check engine light, reset the monitor
- It is able to read enhanced data.
- This OBD2 scanner can quickly read and erase DTC.
- The reason behind the check engine light can be determined.
- Only be updated on a Windows system.
- Cannot work on non-OBDII systems.
- Can’t work on ABS/airbag/oil service light, etc.
It is extremely convenient for DIY-ers and home mechanics, but it is more complicated than an amateur mechanic could figure out since this one gets into technical stuff. This live date scanner cannot work on hybrid cars and electric cars.Check Price at Amazon
#6. ANCEL AD310 OBDII Code Reader with Live Data
ANCEL AD310 has a classic design and is a fast scanner. It clears trouble codes. With the help of this, you can save both your money and your time.
ANCEL AD310 Classic Enhanced Universal OBD II Scanner Car Engine Fault Code Reader is compatible with US cars of the model year after 1996, and the European and Asian cars after the year 2000.
- Determine the reason behind the check engine light
- Equipped with I/M monitor readiness test
- Switches off the MIL
- View freeze frame data
- You can read hard/pending and other codes
- It cannot diagnose ABS
- Has to be plugged into work
Even if you are a beginner, you can use this unit. You can read the error code, find out what the problem is and perhaps fix it.Check Price at Amazon
#7. Veepeak OBDCheck BLE OBD2 Scanner with Live Data
The OBDCheck BLE directly plugs into your vehicle and connects to an OBD II App on your iOS or Android device via Bluetooth. Whenever you have a check engine light on or want to see how your car is performing, the OBDCheck BLE will be a very useful gadget for you.
With the Veepeak Bluetooth OBD Check BLE, you can read the codes due to which the check engine light is being switched on. After finding the possible causes, you can fix the problems.
Veepeak OBDCheck BLE Live Data OBD2 Scanner is compatible with iOS and Android. It works with OBD2 / EOBD compliant cars and light trucks vehicles since the year 1996. It supports all five OBD-II protocols.
- Read and clear check engine light codes
- Reset check engine light
- View live sensor readings
- View freeze frame data
- Display your route on a live map
- Find out if your automobile is ready for a smog check
- Does not work with Android car head units or stereos
- Does not read maintenance required light or oil light
If you’re good with technology & want to see what’s going on with your car on the go, this is the ideal choice. If you need a budget-friendly wireless scanner that connects to your smartphone, this live data scan tool is a perfect companion.Check Price at Amazon
The Bottom Line
In the above article, I have just discussed the features and the pros and cons of the 7 Best OBD2 Live Data Scanners which I found to be the best among several available as per my opinion. You can compare the Best Live Data OBD2 Scanners and choose the one which is tailored perfectly to your needs.
Read more: Best OBD2 Scanner Review 2020