If you’re looking to diagnose issues with your Lexus, then you need to get yourself a scan tool that’s built for the job. Certain OBD2 scanners work best with particular cars, which is definitely the case for Lexus vehicles.
Since Daihatsu, Toyota, and Lexus vehicles are all part of the same manufacturer group, a scanner that’s compatible with one brand should be compatible with them all. Today, we’re going to show you the very best OBD2 scan tools that you can pick up for your Lexus vehicle.
Our Top Picks for Lexus OBD2 Scanners Right Now
If you want to run accurate diagnostics on your Lexus, then you’ll need the right OBD2 scanner for the job. But with so many options on the market, it can be tough to know where to start. Luckily, there are a few simple considerations that will make the buying process much more straightforward.
Compatibility should always be your number one concern. You really don’t want to invest in a nice scan tool only for it not to work with your Lexus vehicle. In general, OBD2 tools are compatible with any car built after 1996, but this isn’t always the case. Be sure to check the tool’s brand compatibility list before buying.
Another thing to consider is the features and functions that you need. If you know that you’ll want to diagnose complex problems, you need to choose a tool that has those capabilities. If you just need something to read and clear error codes, then the pool of options is much larger.
Something to watch out for is scan tools that require a “diesel laptop” to function. These devices can be excellent diagnostic tools, but you’ll need to invest in a special PC. You can find out more about diesel laptops and discover the best options on the market at OBD Station.
Here are our top picks for Lexus scan tools:
- LAUNCH Creader 3001
- ANCEL FX2000
- Foxwell NT510 Elite
- BlueDriver Bluetooth PRO
- Innova 3020RS
- Autel Autolink AL619
1. LAUNCH Creader 3001
Our first recommendation is an affordable scanner designed for people who want to read and erase error codes without any fuss. Although the LAUNCH Creader 3001 is a simple device, it completes all of its functions quickly and accurately.
Despite its simplicity, the Creader does have some features that you might not expect from an affordable device. You can view freeze frame data, do an O2 sensor test, and even run an I/M readiness check. This I/M check is a handy function – it lets you know how likely it is that your car will pass an emissions examination and help you avoid costly failures.
- Good build quality for an affordable device
- Excellent code reader and clearer
- I/M readiness check is a super useful function
- Comes with a five-year warranty
- No wireless connectivity
- Experienced mechanics may find the feature set limiting
2. ANCEL FX2000
The ANCEL FX2000 is a scan tool that provides comprehensive coverage over the four main systems of Lexus vehicles: the engine, transmission, ABS, and airbags. The scanner will read and erase error codes originating from any of these systems and provide live data streaming for each.
The FX2000 also features many system test function modes. With the click of a button, you can instantly run an I/M readiness or O2 sensor test. Once you’ve completed your diagnosis, you can use the device to deactivate warning lights on the dashboard.
- Easy to turn off check engine and oil service reset lights after a repair
- Impressive coverage across different vehicle protocols, including the anti-lock brake system (ABS)
- Advanced graphing function displays live data in an intuitive way
- Easy to use with a large color TFT screen
- Updating the device can be fiddly
- Good compatibility with Toyota and Lexus vehicles, but not always with other brands
3. Foxwell NT510 Elite
The Foxwell NT510 is the entry point into the brand’s professional diagnostic scanner range. It’s a powerful device that has good compatibility across the Lexus range, allowing users to locate vehicle problems in a matter of seconds. If you’re looking for an OBD2 tool that you can rely on to get the job done, then the NT510 could be the product for you.
The NT510 is packed with features, but the most impressive might be its bi-directional control circuit. This means that the tool can be used to directly control vehicle functions. For example, you could open and close the brakes using the NT510 while observing the pads directly.
- Exceptional build quality
- The bi-directional circuit is a fantastic feature
- Despite its power, the device is easy to use, even for inexperienced car owners
- Specifically set up for Lexus and Toyota vehicles
- No Bluetooth connectivity
- Making the tool compatible with other brands adds an extra cost
4. BlueDriver Bluetooth PRO
Unlike many other options on this list, the BlueDriver PRO is not a standalone scanner. Instead, it is an OBD2 adapter controlled by a smartphone via Bluetooth. Once connected to the BlueDriver app, the adapter can run all the usual OBD2 functions that you’d expect from a diagnostic tool.
A big advantage of the BlueDriver PRO is its portability. This makes it perfect for anyone who wants to keep tabs on their vehicle while they’re on the road. In addition, the adapter is more affordable than some of its competitors and is a great entry point into the diagnostic world for beginners.
- Affordable pricing ensures the device is accessible to everyone
- Portable nature makes the BlueDriver ideal for on-call mechanics or road trippers
- Can perform a wide range of OBD2 functions, including code reading and live data streaming
- The BlueDriver app is fast and responsive
- Some people will prefer a standalone tool
- Connecting to Bluetooth can be more of a pain than just plugging in a cable
5. Innova 3020RS
Innova is a well-respected brand in the industry and the 3020RS scanner more than lives up to that reputation. It’s a basic, affordable tool, but that doesn’t stop it from being incredibly useful in the workshop. This is thanks to the scanner’s impressive feature set that vastly outperforms its small price tag.
Aside from code reading and clearing, you can expect the 3020RS to offer warning light deactivation and reliable I/M readiness testing. One of its best features is the Severity Level system, which lets you know whether a problem needs to be seen by a mechanic immediately or if it’s not very severe. This simple system saves you from taking unnecessary and expensive trips to the repair shop.
- Innovative Severity Level feature should be standard on all OBD2 scanners
- Large buttons can be operated through gloves
- Features a clear and readable display
- Rapid code reading and erasing
- Not a wireless device
- Doesn’t have many extra features
6. Autel Autolink AL619
The final scanner on our list is the Autolink AL619 from Autel. This powerful scanner has been built with accessibility in mind, but it contains enough features to satisfy experienced mechanics. Regardless of your confidence in vehicle diagnostics, the AL619 is always a great option.
The scanner will graph out your live readings, perform smog checks and run comprehensive system checks. It will also read and clear codes from across your vehicle protocols. It doesn’t matter if your car has a problem with the steering angle sensor or an issue with the emissions-related systems; the Autolink AL619 will be able to help you out.
- A professional diagnostic scanner that complete beginners can use
- Good compatibility with Lexus and Toyota vehicles
- Will quickly read your vehicle identification number (VIN) and adjust accordingly
- Covers all vehicle systems
- Needs to be regularly updated to stay useful
- Similarly-priced code readers have more advanced features
Why Should You Get An OBD2 Scanner for Your Lexus?
There are a few reasons why investing in an OBD2 scanner is a great idea. For one, a reliable scan tool can save you time and money. With an OBD2 tool in hand, you can quickly scan your vehicle for faults before deciding if you need professional assistance.
Furthermore, OBD2 is an advanced system that can detect problems in all of your vehicle’s systems. Whether there’s an issue with your emission system, transmission, engine, or seatbelts, you can be sure that a high-quality OBD2 scanner will be able to highlight them.
Learning How to Read OBD2 Scanners for Lexus
Once you’ve completed the important first step of finding the right scan tool for your Lexus, your next task is learning how to use it. OBD2 scanners are typically very intuitive and easy to use, but you might need some extra assistance if you’re a beginner.
Here at OBD Station, you can find all the information you need to start reading your OBD2 scanner accurately. We also post regular industry updates and reviews of the latest devices. OBD Station is your one-stop-shop for everything related to vehicle diagnostics.