Launch CRP Touch Pro is a touch screen scanner that can conduct a full OBD2 diagnostic scan and tell you what’s wrong with your car. It offers a mix of basic and advanced options.
This CRP Touch pro review will help you determine if this OBD2 scanner is worth it or not.
- Oil Reset: There can be many reasons for the oil light to illuminate but the most common one is when the car needs an oil replacement.
This scanner will let you know what the problem is by reading the code and explaining it through the DTC feature. Once the problem is fixed, you can reset the oil light.
- DPF Reset: The diesel particulate filter can encounter many problems and cause emission issues. It is usually due to excessive soot build up in the exhaust but there may be other causes as well.
This scanner will read the code and pass an explanation on the screen. After fixing that issue, you can reset the DPF code.
- SAS: This one is concerned with adjusting the steering angle position and reading SAS codes. It does so by reading data from the sensors installed into the SAS.
- BMS: Once in a while, your car will require a battery replacement. The car’s ECU can have a hard time recognizing the new battery information. This is why most people have to take their vehicle to a professional when it’s time to replace the battery.
While it’s an easy option, it can add to the cost. This is why it may be a good option to consider getting your hands on the CRP Touch Pro tool. You can use it to reset the battery and take care of the data for optimal performance.
- EPB: This system helps keep your car stationary on the road when you’re not driving it. It’s very usefully over slopes.
Problems with the system can lead to major accidents. With this scanner, you’ll be able to read and reset EPB codes.
- ABS/SRS: It can read and reset ABS/SRS related codes. Both systems play important roles in keeping the vehicle safe and secure.
- Reset CEL: The scanner can read and erase CEL codes.
- Live Data: It will show live data on the screen in a graphical form. Live data can be very helpful as you will be able to get information such as fuel trim, cylinder misfires, and vehicle speed right there and then.
Plus, a graphical representation of data makes it easier to comprehend the output.
- DTCs: The codes thrown by the scanner can be difficult to comprehend. However, you do not have to worry because it has a DTC function.
It explains the code in simple English so that you can understand what the problem is.
- I/M Readiness: The scanner will test your car and tell you if it is emission ready or not.
- Tests: You can perform a variety of tests using this scan tool. These include O2, EVAP, and onboard monitoring tests.
- Freeze Frame Data: This feature is used to take a screenshot of a DTC and store it for later use. You can use this stored information to compare performance or get feedback from experts.
The tool operates on a 4.2 Android system and receives frequent updates. The interface is user-friendly and easy to navigate.
You can update the system by pressing a single, dedicated button.
Since the tool is WiFi compatible, you will not have to worry about connecting wires.
Launch CRP Touch pro covers all 1996 and newer cars that are OBD2 supported. However, advanced features are for 2006 and later made vehicles only.
Supported brands include GM, Acura, Chrysler, Ford, Holden, Honda, Daewoo, Ford (Australia), and many more.
Pros & Cons
- 1-year warranty.
- Can open and close brake pads.
- Shows parameters on the screen in real-time.
- Diagnoses transmission codes as well.
- Large 5 inches touch screen makes it easy to read data.
- Works on 2 lithium-ion batteries that will run out soon if you keep the tool plugged in.
Who Should Take The Tool?
Launch CRP Touch Pro is ideal for semi-professional, DIYers, and enthusiasts who want a reliable tool that performs quick diagnoses. The DTC feature makes it suitable for users who do not know much about cars.Learn More
Autel MaxiCOM MK808
LAUNCH X431 PRO Mini
LAUNCH CRP Touch Pro
4.4 / 5
3.9 / 5
4.3 / 5
|Dimensions||14.7" x 11.7" x 4.8"||15.8" x 12.4" x 4.4"||10.6" x 7.1" x 4.3"|
Yes, you can. It is a WiFi enabled scanner that will allow you to download Android apps and surf the internet as well. However, it may not support all the apps.
Updates are free for a lifetime.
Not initially because it comes with 2 lithium batteries but they may run out soon.
It is quite fast. You can see more than 3 PIDs on the graph and the device will still perform smoothly.
The Bottom line
Launch CRP Touch Pro is a reliable OBD2 scanner that will cater to your car maintenance needs. It offers some amazing features and is also fun and easy to use.
Bonus: Autel MaxiCOM MK808BT vs Autel MaxiCOM MK808TS Scanners Review