The AUTOPHIX 3210 is a small OBD2 scanner that diagnoses issues in your car and helps you fix them. Also, this practical device is designed to be connected to smartphones easily. Following the instructions, the user will be able to set up the device in less than 5 minutes. Additionally, the scanner allows real-time tracking of a car’s battery voltage, tire pressure, oil pressure and more.
It’s notable that this scanner is a great option for DIY’ers who are enthusiastic about car maintenance. By plugging it into the OBD2 port in the car it will send the signal with all the commands to an app downloadable for iOS and Android. With several options displayed on the apps’ dashboard, the user will be able to track many reports including RPM’s and others.
A cool feature on the AUTIPHIX 3210 scanner is that it will show you a sort of map of the car and after the scan is complete it’ll show you the part where the codes reported come from. This device supports most major vehicle brands and models from 1996 or newer.
Autophix 3210 Detailed Review
First, AUTOPHIX 3210 is one of the most accessible digital scanners available in the market. If you purchase the AUTOPHIX 3210 you’ll be getting a useful device that will allow you to:
- Run an accurate battery analysis displaying all the information in graph format. Checking the battery’s health is a matter of a couple of minutes.
- Get specific information about during a complete engine light check.
- Run a performance test to check the vehicle’s performance
Second, the device will run continuous monitoring and notify if any problems are detected. This modern scanner will not give you any cryptic information you wouldn’t understand, and that is another notable aspect of the device: it shows up descriptions of what the codes mean so you won’t have any issue looking for a way to fix it.
Third, the device allows to do O2 sensor tests, evap system tests, and I/M readiness so you can check if the car is ready for a smog test. A remarkable aspect of this little scanner is that it never falls back on offering the user understandable information due to the graphs and data sources available that also allow customization.
Finally, this user-friendly scanner has an option called “Mode 6” which allows looking for advanced tests results for on-board diagnostics system monitors.
Regarding the dimensions of the AUTOPHIX 3210, it is a compact device ( 8 x 5.5 x 0.5 inches) and it only weighs 1.6 ounces so having it around is never a burden. No doubt this is a great option for people who want to monitor some of the values the car won’t show itself but also for people looking for a great tool to diagnose and detect any codes.
What sets the difference between the AUTOPHIX 3210 and other vehicle scanners?
There is an important number of reasons why the AUTOPHIX 3210 is a smart investment for someone needing a good vehicle scanner that is practical and available at a reasonable price. These are some of the strong points that we can highlight when reviewing this little scanner with a lot of potentials:
- The AUTOPHIX 3210 is the smallest device of this type. Users will be able to close the cap of the OBD port in 99% of the cases. It doesn’t get in your way as it is almost a “hat” you put on the port.
- The connection is fast and very stable, this is due to the Bluetooth 4.2 system this scanner is built around.
- Manufacturers keep the app updated regularly.
Lastly, it’s important to add that this small device is available at less than $100. Also, as it can be expected from a well-established brand like AUTOPHIX, the 3210 model comes with a 5-year warranty.
Pros and Cons
- A compact design that is not only portable, but it will not bother if you leave it plugged to the OBD2 port while you drive.
- The app is excellent, and the developers update it regularly. It’s not necessary to be a mechanic expert to use this app. It’s a sleek and intuitive device.
- All codes are shown with an explanation and the app allows you to clear them.
- You can only use it with the proprietary app, although it is a great app, it wouldn’t hurt to let it run with other diagnostic apps.
- Although it is a great option when looking for a small device, it’s not a replacement for a real standard scanner.
- Do you have to pay a subscription to have the app?
No. As mentioned before, the app is completely free for download.
- Does this work on hybrids?
It depends. This device is designed to work on vehicles from 1996 and hybrid vehicles are usually made with different parts from different years.
- Does the scanner detect ABS issues?
Yes, in most cases it detects ABS issues.
- Can the device be left plugged to the OBD2 port?
Yes. And, its design allows leaving the sensor connected to the port. It doesn’t drain the vehicle’s battery either.
- Does this run on any tablet or smartphone?
Any tablet or smartphone with the manufacturers’ app and Bluetooth can be connected to this scanner. The app is available for Android and iOS.Check Price at Amazon