OBD2 scanners can help read and fix car engine problems. Your best pick is an Autel scanner.
The check engine light can cost you several dollars if you take your car to a mechanic. An easy solution to the problem is to get an OBD2 scanner that is compatible with your vehicle.
Autel scan tools bring to the table what most OBD2 scanners cannot. They have high compatibility, offer great features, and can connect to most vehicles.
Don’t have enough time to read the whole review?
Don’t worry!! Below are the best choices that I’ve picked out for you:
- 1 Best Autel Scanner Comparison Chart
- 2 Best Autel Scanner
- 2.1 Autel AL619 Autolink OBD2 Scanner – Editor’s Pick
- 2.2 Autel AL519 Enhanced OBD2 Scan Tool with Mode 6
- 2.3 Autel MK808 All-System Scan Tool and Service Functions
- 2.4 Autel AutoLink AL319 OBDII Code Reader
- 2.5 Autel MaxiLink ML619 ABS SRS MIL CAN OBD2 Scanner
- 2.6 Autel MK908P Professional Automotive Diagnostic Scanner with ECU Programming
- 2.7 Autel MS906 Professional Car Diagnostic Tool with ECU Coding
- 2.8 Autel MD808 Pro All System Car Diagnostic Tool
- 2.9 Autel AL539 Full OBD2 Car Scanner
- 2.10 Autel AutoLink AL329 OBD2 Reader
- 3 Types Of Autel Scanners Comparison
- 4 Conclusion
Best Autel Scanner Comparison Chart
For us, the three best Autel scanners will be
|Best Autel Code Reader||Best DIY Autel Scanner||Best Autel Professional Diagnostic Tool|
Autel AutoLink AL319
Autel MaxiLink ML619
Autel Maxisys Pro MS908P
4.6 / 5
4.3 / 5
3.8 / 5
|Product Dimensions||63" x 17.7" x 92.5"||7.3" x 10.2" x 3"||0.1" x 0.5" x 0.3"|
OBD2 and CAN
1996 and newer (OBD2 and CAN) models.
Supports 80 domestic, US, Asian and European brands and 1996 and newer OBD2 supported vehicles.
Let’s see Why it is Recommended!
Want to read more about the whole 10 Scanners in the list?
Let’s dive into the details now and learn why these are the best Autel Scanner.
Best Autel Scanner
With Autel AL619, you can clear MIL codes, read PCM live data, view freeze frame, o2 sensor test and show vehicle information as well.
Autel AL619 can read and clear ABS and SRS Warning Lights.
This Autel scanner displays error codes with the explanation.
However, the drawback is that this Autel scanner doesn’t work on some models of GM cars.
Best Autel scanner AL619 supports 1996 and newer domestic, Asian and European vehicles that are OBD2 supported.
The brands it supports are GM, Ford, Chrysler, Volvo, VW, BMW, Mercedes, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Hyundai, Kia, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Peugeot, Citroen, Fiat, Renault, Land rover, Jaguar etc.
It’s is a corded device.
- The device is user-friendly with scrolling and escape buttons.
- Good customer support.
- Very fast at operating.
- Shows pre and post readings thanks to real-time sensor data.
- Shows multiple onboard sensor data at once.
- Doesn’t work on hybrid vehicles.Doesn’t update without a TF card.
- Doesn’t support GM cars that are newer than 2013.
Autel AL619 performs ABS and SRS light resets and also performs basic functions. It’s a good Auteltech scan tool for DIYers.Check Price at Amazon
Autel AL519 Enhanced OBD2 Scan Tool with Mode 6
AL519 AutoLink is an excellent Autel scan tool that can do much more than just read and clear codes. It can do component tests, O2 sensor tests as well.
With Autel AL519, you can read and erase codes, see live data, retrieve I/M status, freeze frame data, do on-board monitor test, o2 monitor test, component test, view vehicle’s information and module information as well.
Code Lookup And Print:
With this Auteltech scan tool, you don’t need to Google any code as it displays complete definition along with the cause.
Moreover, you can also print data to show it to a professional or view later.
The drawback is that it is an obsolete device. Meaning, it can’t be registered or updated.
It supports almost all 1996 and newer vehicles (OBDII & CAN) vehicles.
- Long cord (6 feet) make it easy to use.
- The device doesn’t lag and operates fast.
- Real-time graph data is shown.
- Boots up in 10 seconds.
- Registration can be an issue.
- It’s a bit daunting to attach the OBD2 connector with the rubber casing on.
- Sometimes, the notifications stay for 2-3 seconds only.
This Autel scanner is perfect for car owners who want to have a fast operating scanner to diagnose their car and give suggestions to fix.Check Price at Amazon
Autel MK808 All-System Scan Tool and Service Functions
MK808 is an Autel scanner tablet for people who are fond of touch technology. It helps diagnose complex car issues and recommend fixes.
This Autel scan tool can perform functions like ABS, SRS, AT, BMS, DPF, SAS etc.
This tablet has a 7-inch LCD and it works on polymer battery which gives it a runtime of 4.5 hours on continuous use.
With Autel scan tool MK808 you can emission tests, Check light test and all common OBD2 scanner functions.
It supports a number of advanced functions including BMS, EPB, SAS, ABS, airbag, TPMS, Keys Programming, DPF, Injector, Brake Bleed and Oil Reset.
Updates can be downloaded directly with WiFi.
All 1996 and newer US-based and 2000 and newer EU based OBD2 supported vehicles can use this Autel Scanner.
The tablets work on a built-in Android system (KitKat).
The downside of the product is that it doesn’t offer ECU programming and coding.
- 1-year warranty.
- A9 processor performs tests very quickly.
- Technology support from Autel tech team is fast and reliable.
- Easy to use. Plug the tablet into the OBD2 connector to use.
- Comes with a charger.
- Doesn’t support ECU programming.
- TPMS doesn’t work on Toyota Highlander, 2009 Jetta and some more models.
- IMMO function doesn’t work on Benz.
This Autel scanner is ideal for mechanics and professionals who want to perform advanced functions such as DPF, IMMO, ABS, SRS, and TPMS.Check Price at Amazon
Autel AutoLink AL319 OBDII Code Reader
Autolink AL319 is an excellent option Autel code reader as it is affordable and offers many basic functionalities.
Autel AutoLink AL319 OBD2 Scanner is affordable and offers many amazing basic functionalities. It is built for people who want to take care of basic car problems.
AL319 can read basic car problems and offer solutions
Autolink AL319 can check and clear MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light) codes, display live PCM data, freeze frame data, show I/M Readiness Status, Live Sensor Data, CIN, CVN, VIN and offer DTC Lookup as well.
Offers Quick Definitions:
The best part about this Autel code reader is that it can read manufacturer (P1, P3, and U1) and generic specific codes (P0, P2, P3and U0).
You can view the problem immediately and catch the cause as the DTC Lookup displays fill information regarding the problem on the screen.
Autel Autolink AL319 also lets you print errors and data to view in the future.
However, it’s a corded device and can be a trouble to use for some people.
Supports OBD2 1996 and newer models, CAN support vehicles, EOBD vehicles as well.
No phone support.
- You can hear codes, which makes it easy especially if you have a weak sight.
- You don’t have to pay for updates ever.
- Very easy to use.
- Supports multiple languages – English, French, German, Spanish.
- Gives real-time information.
- Very short cord. The device hardly rests on the lap.
- Doesn’t support electric cars.
- A TF card reader is required to update.
Autolink AL319 is built for people who want to take care of basic car problems.
It’s a corded device and is very affordable too.Check Price at Amazon
Autel MaxiLink ML619 ABS SRS MIL CAN OBD2 Scanner
Maxilink ML619 is an advanced Autel scanner that allows you to detect problems in the airbag system, anti-lock brake system, ABS, SRS, etc.
Autel ML619 is the best option in this category. It offers many common features and can read ABS and SRS light issues, too.
It can read ABS and SRS light issues and perform many basic functions as well. It’s a great fit for DIYers.
For saving and printing data, the device comes with a 16GB micro SD card, and also a nylon cover for protection.
Autel Maxilink ML619 lets you read and clear basic trouble codes, display drive cycle readiness, turn off MIL, read PCM live data, freeze frame, store and playback data as well.
Autel Maxilink ML619 offers two advanced functions, ABS Warning Lights and SRS Warning Lights.
Complete Code Definition:
Autel ML619 shows complete error with the cause of the problem.
Autel Maxilink ML619 supports many vehicles including:
Ford, GM, Honda, Holden, Mitsubishi, Rover, Acura, FIAT, Audi, Nissan and all the cars that are 1996 and newer (OBD2 and CAN) models.
Also, it’s is a corded device.
- LED lights tell you if the test was passed or not.
- Updates are free.
- Good customer support.
- No battery needed as it is powered using the vehicle’s DLC.
- Registering the device for updates can be an issue.
- Shows range error in vehicles that are not USA/Canada manufactured.
- The cord is only 2.46 feet in length.
- The construction seems a bit cheap and must be protected.
Autel ML619 can read ABS and SRS light issues and perform many basic functions as well. It’s a great fit for DIYers.Check Price at Amazon
Autel MK908P Professional Automotive Diagnostic Scanner with ECU Programming
This is the best professional automotive diagnostic scanner for many because it offers everything from coding to programming.
Autel MK908P Professional offers 11 advanced features, all OBD2 scanner basic features, and ECU coding and programming for BMW and Benz as well.
It’s a wireless tool that lets you control your car’s engine, components, systems, and sensors.
All common OBD2 functions.
ECU Programming And Coding:
It offers advanced flash ECU coding and programming using an interface that’s SAE J2534-1 & -2 compliant vehicle programming.
11 Advanced Features:
- ECU Programming and coding for Benz and BMW.
- ABS Bleeding.
- A/C initialization.
- AUTO VIN.
- Oil Reset.
- Injector Programming.
- Throttle Matching.
It supports 80 US, Asian and European makes and models that are OBD2 compliant.
- 7-inch screen display.
- Professional cloud-based support from Maxifix (a platform that connects technicians online).
- Add-ons can be attached (MaxiScope Oscilloscope and video inspection camera MV108&MV105).
- Comes with a free battery tester.
- Can work 8 hours on full battery.
- Can’t relearn TPMS Sensors.
- Very expensive.
The Autel scanner is ideal for professional users who want to use advanced features.Check Price at Amazon
Autel MS906 Professional Car Diagnostic Tool with ECU Coding
Autel Maxisys MS906 operates with a 1.3 GHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 + 1.7 GHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A15 that can process tests rapidly and display quick results.
This Autel scanner has a p
ower packed battery of 5000 mAh which can last for 5 hours easily.
With this feature, you can easily identify your vehicles among many.
All basic OBD2 scanner functions.
Autel MS906 can perform a variety of professional diagnostics such as ABS, SRS, ECU coding, EPB, actuation tests, adaptations, TPMS programming, oil reset, SAS calibration, and DPF.
There’s also an 8MP camera to capture pictures and make videos.
The downside of the product is that it supports ECU programming for Benz and BMW only.
- Incredibly fast.
- Updates easily after registration.
- 32 GB device memory
- Lasts longer if you care for the batteries.
- Very expensive.
- Batteries fail early.
- Updates cost $495/year after a year.
MS906 supports more than 80 car brands including Chevrolet, Ford, GM, Audi, Benz, BMW, Dodge etc/
Supports all 1996 and newer OBD2 compliant models.
Connects wirelessly, supports WiFi and Bluetooth, too.
MS906 is for professionals as it is among the best Autel scanners.Check Price at Amazon
Autel MD808 Pro All System Car Diagnostic Tool
Maxidiag MD808 is a professional Autel Scanner that lets you use DPF, SRS, ABS, oil reset, battery maintenance and check trouble codes.
It can also correct steering sensor in your car. Vehicle owners, store repairs and professionals love the tool as it offers many advanced features.
You can perform CEL, MIL, I/M readiness, O2 sensor, component settings, see graph data and freeze frame.
It also lets you record data and sees later.
MD808 reads transmission codes and fixes ABS and SRS light related issues, do oil resets, fix parking brakes issue, turns off ECU brake light, do DPF, BMS, EPB, SAS and reset the battery as well.
Additionally, it can also check the audio control module, body control module, accessory protocol interface module, and air condition control module.
This Autel scanner lets you run tests such as BSM, ACCM, APIM and ACM using Auto scan feature.
The Quickscan feature offers information on BMS, DPF, EPB, SAS, and oil reset.
This Autel scan tool is, however, very expensive.
It supports all OBD2 vehicles that are 1996 and newer models such as Audi, Acura, Land Rover, Skoda, Seat, Isuzu, Honda, Audi, and Benz.
It supports all OBD II protocols.
- No effect of water or grease on the device.
- 1-year warranty
- Lifetime free updates.
- Auto VIN detection
- Records and prints data through a PC connection.
- Updating the software is a hassle.
- Doesn’t offer TFT and several advanced options.
People who want to monitor and fix issues related to the battery, transmission, engine and other systems should get the corded Autel MD808.Check Price at Amazon
Autel AL539 Full OBD2 Car Scanner
This Autel Scanner can perform all basic functions with an additional circuit test. It comes with probes and lets you perform starter and charge test on batteries.
Autel AL539 reads and erases codes, shows emission status freeze frame data, O2 monitor test, onboard monitor test, live data and record data and playback as well.
You can either test the crank voltage by either placing the probes on the battery directly after connecting to the scanner or via the OBD II connection.
This will show alternator output from no load to when you add loads. It then shows low, normal and high output ripple results.
Tests DC and AC voltage.
Autel AL539 doesn’t support Bluetooth or WiFi.
It supports almost all 1996 and newer vehicles (OBDII & CAN) vehicles.
- No need to visit Google to check a code. The scanners show complete information.
- Waveform display can also be shown when checking voltage.
- It can be updated with a TF card.
- No connection dropout in this scanner, unlike AL509.
- 1-year warranty.
- The voltage checking feature has limitations. It works on +- 30 volts range only.
- A bit slower and works on lithium batteries.
- Doesn’t work well with German cars.
AL539 is an Autel scanner which is a good option for car owners and DIYers who want to check battery voltage and perform basic functions using a corded device.Check Price at Amazon
Autel AutoLink AL329 OBD2 Reader
AutoLink AL329 is another code read that offers basic functionality and is actually an extension of the AL319. This product offers the same functionality as AL319 except for an additional AUTO VIN feature.
Autolink AL329 checks and clears CEL codes, display live PCM data, freeze frame data, reads and resets monitors, Live Sensor Data, CIN, CVN, VIN, CALID, and offer DTC Lookup as well.
This is the only function that’s not on the AL319. Auto VIN lets the code reader read Vehicle Identification Number automatically.
Reads Specific And Manufacture Codes:
Autel AutoLink 329 can read manufacturer (P1, P3, and U1) and generic specific codes (P0, P2, P3and U0) and see definitions using DTC.
Record And Play:
You can record data that you think might be required in the future and play it when you want to see.
Just like the previous Autel scanner, this one is also corded.
It supports domestic, Asian and European vehicles that are 1996 or newer EOBD/OBD2 compatible versions.
- While not marketed as a waterproof product, it can work in rain as well.
- You can listen to the codes.
- Updates are free for lifetime.
- It now supports Mac too.
- Works faster than other code readers in the same price range.
- Doesn’t support the German language.
- Very short cord.
- You might come across “linking error” message.
This Autel code reader is ideal for car owners who want to read basic trouble codes and know what’s wrong with their car.Check Price at Amazon
Types Of Autel Scanners Comparison
Autel invests 10% of its revenue on new product developments and has a wide range of Autel scan tool:
Autel Code Readers:
These are the most affordable Autel scanners but can perform basic functions only including CEL, MIL, DTC codes.
Autel DIY Scanners:
These are a bit more advanced. They offer features such as O2 sensor test, clear ABS or SRS.
Autel Professional Diagnostic Scanners:
These are for home mechanics, professional mechanics and people who know about car parts, issues and how to deal with them. These scanners can perform advanced functions such as EPB, DPF, Throttle, coding, programming, battery reset, oil reset, airbag, SRS, and transmission controls.
They are a bit expensive but can read almost all the problems in your car and offer a fix immediately, saving you hundreds of dollars.
You can pick the best Autel scanner from these options. Just make sure to keep your requirements in mind. While they are all good, they differ in terms of compatibilities and features.