Autel Mk808BT and Autel MK808TS are two of the most popular obd2 scanners available on the market. They help diagnose various problems can help you save money.
They come from the same company and have some similar features including a 7-inch LCD screen, 32GB memory, and Bluetooth connectivity.
Both scanners can perform basic and advanced features and while they may be similar, they’re not the same.
Let’s dive into the details and learn more about Autel MK808BT and Autel MK808T so you can pick the right option between the two:
Comparison Chart: Mk808bt vs mk808ts
Autel MaxiCOM MK808BT obd2 Full System Diagnosis & IMMO/EPB/SAS/BMS/TPMS/DPF
Autel MaxiCOM MK808TS TPMS Programming Tool Scanner with Full TPMS
|Dimensions||15.5 x 11.8 x 4.8 inches||10 x 1.4 x 6.9 inches|
|Weight||5.65 pounds||5.7 pounds|
4.4 / 5
4.3 / 5
|Auto Vin ||✔||✔|
|All System Diagnosis||✔||✔|
|On screen relearn procedure||✖||✔|
|Sensors (AUTEL MX) programming||✖||✔|
Detailed Product Review
1. Autel MaxiCOM MK808BT
This feature allows you to check the health of the battery. You can use it to make sure the battery is working in the right manner and is made to last. The system will inform you if there are charging issues.
SAS: It is associated with measuring the rate of turn and angular position of the steering. Autel MK808BT will point out problems in this system. Since it’s quite complicated, you may need professional help to sort it out.
DPF: The diesel particulate filter in a car is meant to keep the emissions clean, however, soot build up can restrict that from happening. With this scanner, you’ll be able to find out problems in the DPF system and make it work properly.
EPB: The electronic parking brake system as an upgraded version of the handbrake system. It is important to ensure your car remains stationary when parked, especially on a slope. Issues with this system can lead to serious accidents, hence it is important to keep an eye on it.
Oil Reset: This scanner can be used to reset the oil light. Replace oil and use the scanner to get rid of the illuminating light.
TPMS Relearn: You can use the scanner to relearn TPMS after replacing the tires. It’s quite easy to do with the help of this scan tool. Put your vehicle in relearn mode and follow the directions.
IMMO: It works as an anti-theft matching feature. The scanner will let you reset data if the key is lost, hence, restricting unauthorized people from turning your car on.
ABS/SRS: It will find faults in both ABS and SRS to ensure your car remains safe and sound. Moreover, it also supports ABS brake bleeding.
Bidirectional Ability: The scanner has the ability to receive and send data to a car’s computer module.
Basic Features: In addition to the advanced options discussed above, the diagnostic tool can check engine codes, read live data, identify the vehicle, etc.
It supports the Bluetooth VCI system that directly connects to the adapter without any wires.
You can download free updates for a year only. After that, you will need to pay for the latest updates.
Autel MK808BT supports more than 80 US, Asian and European brands that are OBDII supported.
Pros and Cons
- Very strong Bluetooth connection – up to 10m range.
- 1-year warranty.
- Reads transmission codes.
- It can adjust injectors.
- Excellent customer service – available 24 hours.
- Very expensive.
- Can be difficult to handle due to its weight (5.65 pounds).
Who Is It For?
Autel MaxiCOM MK808BT can be a good pick for users looking for an option that works wirelessly. This scan tool is quick to solve problems and is suitable for pros as well.
2. Autel MaxiCOM MK808TS
- DPF: You will be able to diagnose problems in the exhaust system. It can identify soot build up, poor emission, etc.
- Injector Service: The scanner will read and adjust injector problems.
- TPMS Service: Autel MaxiCOM MK808TS can read TPMS related data. It can also identify deflated tires, poor wheel speed and rotations, etc.
It contains a dedicated TPMS icon that navigates directly to the TPMS menu when you click on it. You will be able to perform various tasks within the menu including a health check, activate TPMS sensors, program TPMS, etc.
- Oil Reset: The scan tool can turn off/rest oil light.
- EPB: With Autel MK808TS, you will be able to diagnose EPB issues and reset brake pads.
- SAS: Apart from reading SAS related issues, you will be able to overwrite old steering sensor data with a new one.
- BMS: It will allow you to overwrite old battery data with new information after a replacement.
- IMMO: This function does the same job as the IMMO function on the previous model.
Autel MK808TS incorporates the Bluetooth VCI system that helps connect to the scanner wirelessly.
Updates are free to download for a year only. A fee of $124.5 must be paid per year for consistent updates in the future.
Autel MK808TS supports many vehicles including Asian, US, and European brands. The vehicle must be manufactured in or after 1996. Some of the popular brands that support the scanner include Ford, Chrysler, Chevrolet, GMC, Jeep, Hummer, and Dodge.
Moreover, it supports all the major protocols as well.
Pros and cons
- Supports full system diagnosis (transmission, ABS/SRS, powertrain, etc).
- 1-year warranty.
- Takes only 10 seconds to relearn TPMS.
- Supports advanced TPMS diagnostics (TPMS Health check etc).
- Activates 98% of all known TPMS sensors.
- Key fob doesn’t work on European cars.
- Almost as heavy as the first model.
Who Is It For?
Autel MaxiCOM MK808TS is ideal for DIYers and mechanics who want to find complex issues in the TPMS system. It can also find faults in other components which is why it’s a much recommended obd2 scanner.
- Which scanner should I go for to bleed the brakes?
Autel MK808BT supports ABS brake bleeding but MK808TS doesn’t.
- Is bidirectionality capability available in these scanners?
Again, only MK808BT supports bidirectional functionality.
- Which scanner is faster?
Both the scanners contain Cortex A9 1.5 GHz processor so the speed is pretty much the same. However, MK808TS can relearn TPMS faster than MK808BT.
- Can I program sensors with this tool?
If you wish to program TPMS sensors then go for MK808TS as the other tool does not offer this feature.
- Which is Better: MK808BT or MK808TS?
Both are almost similar in performance and looks. However, if you wish to use bidirectional functionality then go for MK808BT. On the other hand, if you want to conduct advanced diagnosis in the TPMS then opt for MK808TS.