Ancel FX6000 scan tool can perform advanced diagnostics, making it a good option for car enthusiasts and professionals, too.
This scanner allows you to perform full system diagnostics, all 10 obd2 modes, and both ECU and key programming.
You can use this scanner to find complex issues in your car with a push of a button.
So, let’s find out more and proceed with this Ancel FX 6000 review:
Ancel FX6000 Overall Features
Read/Clear Error Codes With DTC: Ancel FX6000 can diagnose the engine light quickly.
It offers detailed code explanations making it easier to recognize and solve faults. The DTC library is extensive and written in a simple manner.
Vehicle Info: The VIN function makes it possible for the scanner to identify vehicles, removing the need to manually feed information.
This is a great feature as it makes it easier to use the tool. Moreover, it can also read ECU information.
10 Obd2 Modes: It supports all 10 OBD2 modes including:
- Powertrain Information: It helps to get useful information about your car including temperatures, air flow, speed, engine RPMs, ignition status, fuel status, etc.
- Freeze Frame: Records information by capturing data. You can use this data to find faults, compare performance, and get expert advice.
- MIL And Data Streams: Reads dynamic data streams and reads/clears MIL-related codes.
- I/M Readiness: Perform emission related tests. This can help you make sure your vehicle is prepared for such tests.
- EVAP Test: Performs the EVAP test.
- O2 Sensor Test: Performs oxygen sensor test.
- DTCs And Library: Reads all DTCs including pending codes.
- VIN: Requests vehicle information.
The biggest selling point of Ancel FX6000 obd2 scanner is the number of advanced features it offers. These include:
- ECU Programming And Coding: You can manually program the ECU as you wish, however, it will require a good amount of knowledge and expertise to do so.
- ABS/SRS: It is common for the airbag and anti-lock braking system to malfunction. It is a dangerous situation and needs to be taken care of quickly.
Ancel FX 6000 scanner can help you identify the problem so you can solve it without any trouble.
- Full System Diagnosis: This beauty can perform a complete system diagnoses and check every module in the car. It will check for faults in the engine, chassis, body, and transmission systems.
Here are some of the special functions you can use:
- DPF: It will help find faults in the DPF system.
- TPMS: This option helps you make sure the tires are properly pressurized.
- Oil Reset: This feature alerts you when the car requires an oil change. The oil light will remain on until you change the oil. After that, you can reset the light.
- EPB: The system makes sure that your car remains steady on all kinds of terrains including slopes. EPB keeps your vehicle safe when parked.
- SAS: You can set the steering angle sensor using this feature. It will help you find SAS related problems in the car.
- Battery Check: Ancel FX6000 will allow you to check the battery’s condition so that you know when to replace it.
- Transmission Functions: Apart from reading and clearing transmission codes, it will help you set gear ratio and match gearbox as well.
- Other Special Functions: This diagnostic tool lets you control HVAC, AC, heating, ventilation, and key programming as well.
It features a built-in software program that is user-friendly. Navigation is not a problem thanks to large menus.
The device will not work well unless updated. Fortunately, the process is straightforward.
Visit the Ancel’s official website and register the scanner. You will need to enter some details including the serial number of your unit.
Once registered, you will have access to the software. Download the update and connect the scanner with the USB cable.
Install the update and you’re good to go.
The updates are free for the first 2 years.
OBD2: Ancel FX6000 covers all US, European, and Asian manufactured cars built between 1996-2017.
It is a plug and play device and requires no manual work.
OBD1: This scanner can also support some OBD1 vehicles (older than 1996) as it comes with 11 OBD connectors including one for OBD1 vehicles. However, you will need a separate cord to use it.
- Shows data in both text and graphical forms
- Takes only 20 seconds to display codes
- Works on both gas and diesel engines
- Multilingual including English, Spanish, Russian, Korean, French, German, Polish, Portuguese, and Dutch
- The FN hot key makes it easier to use
- Doesn’t save codes that are erased.
- Some users may face issues while updating the software (restarting the update/device may do the trick)
- Doesn’t retrieve ABS codes in Jeep 2012
Comparison Chart: Ancel FX 2000 Vs Ancel FX 4000 Vs Ancel FX 6000
3.2 / 5
3.2 / 5
4.4 / 5
|Product Dimensions||16" x 12" x 5"||9.4" x 6.7" x 2"||9.1" x 1.8" x 7.8"|
|OBD2 full function||✔||✔||✔|
|Graph data stream||✔||✔||✔|
Who Is It For?
Professionals and mechanics who want to perform in-depth diagnosis and find complex problems in a car can get ANCEL FX6000 scanner. It’s a bit expensive and hence may not be suitable for regular users.
Plus, you need skills and experience to use some of the advanced features it offers.
Does it support older vehicles?
Yes, ANCEL FX6000 supports some older cars. You will, however, need to buy a separate cord to make it work.
What is the linking error I am getting on the scanner?
It indicates a poor connection. Take out the connector if you see such error. Clean the scanner pins and reconnect the scanner. It may take about 10 minutes to turn on.
Do I need to charge the ancel fx6000 obd2 scanner?
No, it’s a self-charging device, i.e: it automatically charges when you insert it into the port.Learn More